Dr. Mark Hyman has an excellent article, How to Stop Attacking Yourself: 9 Steps to Heal Autoimmune Disease, reminds us that autoimmune diseases, specifically, now affect 24 million people and include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, thyroid disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and more. Autoimmune conditions are connected by one central biochemical process: A runaway immune response also known as systemic inflammation that results in your body attacking its own tissues. Hypnosis for autoimmune diseases is proving to be powerfully effective in alleviating the symptoms. I have been specializing in autoimmune diseases for several years now.
How to Stop Attacking Yourself:
9 Steps to Heal Autoimmune Disease
by Dr. Mark Hyman
Autoimmune diseases, specifically, now affect 24 million people and include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, thyroid disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and more.
These are often addressed by powerful immune suppressing medication and not by addressing the cause. That’s like taking a lot of aspirin while you are standing on a tack. The treatment is not more aspirin or a strong immune suppressant, but removing the tack.
It you want to cool off inflammation in the body, you must find the source. Treat the fire, not the smoke. In medicine we are mostly taught to diagnose disease by symptoms, NOT by their underlying cause.
If you have an autoimmune disease, here is what you need to think about and do.
Nine Steps to Treating Autoimmune Disease
- Check for hidden infections — yeast, viruses, bacteria, Lyme, etc. — with the help of a doctor, and treat them.
- Check for hidden food allergens with IgG food testing or just try The UltraSimple Diet, which is designed to eliminate most food allergens.
- Get tested for celiac disease, which is a blood test that any doctor can do.
- Get checked for heavy metal toxicity. Mercury and other metals can cause autoimmunity.
- Fix your gut. For details, see my blog on irritable bowel syndrome.
- Use nutrients such as fish oil, vitamin C, vitamin D, and probiotics to help calm your immune response naturally.
- Exercise regularly — it’s a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Practice deep relaxation like yoga, deep breathing, biofeedback, or massage, because stress worsens the immune response.
- Tell your doctor about Functional Medicine and encourage him or her to get trained — go to www.functionalmedicine.org for more information and to get a copy of the Textbook for Functional Medicine.
Your body’s ability to heal is greater than you think and greater than anyone has permitted you to believe. Hypnosis for autoimmune disease can help you manage and alleviate your symptoms. I have clients with various autoimmune diseases across the US and in several countries via Skype and the internet. If you are suffering with an autoimmune disease send me an email or call me to schedule your free hypnosis consultation.
Read Living With Autoimmune Disease an Interview with Roger Moore and consider these hypnosis for autoimmune disease products.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
My body’s ability to heal is great.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!
Filed Under: Hypnosis For Autoimmune Disease