My eyes lit up when a woman brought me a copy of this Chili Caribbeano recipe that a friend had shared with her. There’s lots of chili recipes out there and I do love my chili. but what caught my attention is that this recipe calls for pineapple. I love sweet and savory. I love to put pineapple in spicy dishes and it had never occurred to me to add pineapple to my chili.
There’s lots of fun, healthy and delicious things you can do to this recipe. I’d probably add corn, zucchini and summer squash when I make this. Oh and shredded carrots. Part of the joy in recipes like this is you can add or take away ingredients and make it your own. I just know that my next batch of chili is going have pineapple!
Chili caribbeano is the latest edition to the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library.
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes just waiting for you!
Total Time: 25 min Prep Time: 18 min
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 red bell peppers (seed & dice)
- 2 cans black beans (drain)
- 15-oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 cup tropical salsa 1 tbsp chili powder
- 8-oz guacamole
- hot sauce (optional)
- Line a pot with ¼-cup water.
- Sauté onions and bell peppers until peppers are tender.
- Stir in black beans, tomato sauce, pineapple, salsa, and chili powder.
- Transfer 1 cup (or more) to a blender and process until smooth or partly smooth, and return to pot OR use an immersion blender.
- Cover and heat until thoroughly warm.
- Let chili rest 10 minutes if possible.
- Ladle chili equally among 4 bowls.
- Top with guacamole plus a drizzle of hot sauce, if using.
Serve with guacamole
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I enjoy planning and preparing healthy, balanced and delicious meals.
The family who eats healthy together, stays healthy together.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.