Chronic pain like that caused by Fibromyalgia will take a toll on the quality of anyone’s life. Pain takes so much energy and to constantly live with such an energy drain is bound to affect everyday life. For a number of years now I have used Melissa Roth’s Fibromyalgia hypnosis protocol for clients suffering with FMS. 94% of the people who complete their hypnosis sessions have a greater than 50% reduction in symptoms. November 3 – 5, 2011, Roger Moore’s Institute of Hypnotherapy will be hosting the Seattle Hypnosis Conference. November 3rd will feature Richard Nongard on using hypnosis for chemical dependency. November 4 & 5, Melissa Roth and I will co-teach using hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Autoimmune Disease. Details about this extraordinary event will be announced soon. If you are suffering with Fibromyalgia or other chronic pain, please call me and learn about what hypnosis can do for you.
Fibromyalgia Pain Takes Toll on Everyday Life
Work, Relationships, Parenting Affected by the Chronic Pain Disorder, Survey Shows
WebMD Health News, May 13, 2011: Fibromyalgia affects relationships, parenting duties, and life decisions of people afflicted with the chronic pain disorder, a new survey finds.
Fibromyalgia is characterized by widespread muscle tenderness and pain, fatigue, and sleep problems. The cause is unclear, but abnormalities in the way the body responds to and processes pain may play a role. An online survey, completed by 2,559 people diagnosed with fibromyalgia and 459 people with undiagnosed chronic pain conditions, suggests chronic pain causes significant changes in the way people live their lives.
Among key findings:
- 92% say the condition has had a major effect on life decisions, including whether to remain in a relationship, start a new one, or change jobs. Ninety-five percent of the 650 respondents with children under 18 say their pain affects parenting duties, making it difficult to manage their kids’ schedules and enjoy their kids’ milestones. They also say the illness makes it more difficult to manage the household.
- Less specifically, 68% say their pain limits their ability to care for their family.
- 98% of respondents say they have compensated for or attempted to compensate for their pain by changing their daily routine to make life easier or more bearable.
- The three top concerns of the 450 people who said the disorder affected their decision to have children were: 62% worried about caring for a child, 53% wondered about their ability to go through childbirth, and 49% had fears about loss of more sleep after having a baby.
- 75% had visited a health care provider about their chronic pain because they felt they weren’t able to function at work to their best capacity.
Fibromyalgia (FMS) is a frustrating and little-understood illness. It’s called an illness rather than a disease, because there is no specific diagnostic test that confirms or denies its existence. It’s a collection of confusing symptoms which come and go and vary in intensity. Its chief characteristic is widespread pain in the muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as stiffness, fatigue and non-restorative sleep. While it is not life-threatening, it can be as debilitating as rheumatoid arthritis. It is an illness which frustrates physicians as much as it does the people who endure it. Hypnosis for fibromyalgia is proven to provide relief from chronic pain.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I nourish my mind, body and soul.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!
Filed Under: Hypnosis for Fibromyalgia