Tips for Creating Suggestions
- Keep suggestions short and concise.
- Use only positive words. Do not use ‘no,’ ‘not,’ ‘don’t,’ etc. (Your subconscious mind may not grasp a negative qualifier and you might get the opposite result.)
- Keep vocabulary simple. A 6-year-old child should understand it.
- Practice using ‘I’ statements, ‘You’ statements and ‘He/She’ statements and see what works best for you. For example: I feel my body becoming healthier every day; You are enjoying eating foods that promote weight release; She keeps her promises to herself about healthy eating.
- Use only two or three suggestions per session when using the light switch technique.
- Use only present tense words. Never use ‘will,’ ‘want to,’ ‘going to’ or ‘like to’.
- Use action words such as ‘enjoy,’ ‘love,’ or ‘desire.’
You may wish to use this alternative method:
For the first two weeks: During this time, use only one suggestion per week. After the first week, you may change the suggestion and use this new suggestion for a full week. You should give yourself the suggestion three times a day.
For the third and fourth week: You may give yourself a different suggestion every day, but not more than one suggestion per day. Give yourself the suggestion at least twice a day.
After the fourth week: You may give yourself as many suggestions as you like.
Below are some example suggestions. To get more of these free suggestions, go to Hypnosis Suggestions.
- I love and enjoy exercise.
- Exercise is my favorite activity of the day.
- As a result of my exercise, I am calm, relaxed and have more energy.
- I love fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Fruit is my snack of choice.
- I only eat enough to meet my nutritional needs.
- It is okay for me to leave food on my plate.
- I drink six or more glasses of water each day.
- Water is my drink of choice.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I sleep soundly and restfully throughout the night and I wake in the morning relaxed, refreshed and excited by the new day.
- I am focused.
- I am a money magnet.
- I breathe clean air.
- I am healthy.
- My immune system works perfectly protecting me from all dis-ease.
- I have the strength and power of an athlete.
To learn more about hypnosis, sign up for my free course by scrolling back up the page–the sign-up box is on your right in the sidebar.
The video below is my original video on how to use written suggestions.