If you are like me, I’m sure that you probably have heard so many different opinions on dieting and weight loss. When I found Exercise and Weight Loss: 5 Truths I read them with skepticism but I was pleasantly surprised. In my Seattle weight loss and Bainbridge Island weight loss offices of Slender For Life™ these are principles that I encourage hypnosis weight loss clients to follow. Hypnosis really can help you to eat less and to be more active. Learn self hypnosis, lose weight and most importantly, keep the weight off!
Exercise and Weight Loss: 5 Truths
WebMD, April 18, 2012: You’ve heard it time and again — to lose weight, you need to exercise and watch your diet, so that your calories burned exceed your calories consumed. But if you’ve been working out and your extra pounds won’t budge, you may be wondering why that seemingly simple strategy isn’t working.
Don’t hang up your sneakers and throw in the towel. If you do, you’re going to miss out on the biggest weight perk exercise has to offer, experts tell WebMD.
First, you may need a reality check about what to expect from exercise. Here are five truths about exercise and your weight.
1. Exercise is only part of the weight loss story. On the couch or in the gym, there’s no getting around your tab of calories in and calories out.
Obese people will typically will say, “I have been working out three days a week for 30 minutes for the past three months and I have lost 2 pounds; there’s something wrong with my metabolism.” Exercise is very good, but for weight loss you must have a healthy diet in the beginning.
It’s easier to cut 1,000 calories from a bloated diet than to burn off 1,000 calories through exercise.
2. Exercise is a must for weight maintenance.
All of the experts interviewed for this story stress this fact: No matter how you lose extra pounds, you’re going to need to be active to keep them off. You can’t find very many people maintaining a healthy weight who aren’t regular exercisers.
3. Food splurges may undo your efforts.
Exercise may not buy you as much calorie wiggle room as you think. The average person overestimates the amount of activity they’re doing by about 30% and underestimates their food intake by about 30%.
4. Exercise machines may not tell the whole calorie story. Treadmills and other exercise gear often have monitors that estimate how many calories you’re burning. Those displays are close, but for each individual they can vary quite a bit. Use the calorie displays on exercise equipment for motivation, but not to offset your eating.
5. One daily workout may not be enough.Your best bet for your weight — and for your overall health — is to lead a physically active lifestyle that goes above and beyond a brief bout of exercise.
It’s not just about 30 minutes of exercise. It’s about fighting the sedentary environment. The message isn’t that the 30 minutes on the treadmill isn’t good; it’s that the 30 minutes on the treadmill isn’t going to make up for 23-and-a-half sedentary hours.
Weight loss hypnosis can change your life by giving you the edge to eat less, to eat healthy and to be more active. Self hypnosis can help you boost your metabolism and be leaner and fitter. If you are ready to become Slender For Life™, call or email me. No matter where you live, we can create a plan that will allow you to lose weight and keep it off.
Check out Seattle weight loss and Bainbridge Island weight loss.
Call (206) 903-1232 or email for your free consultation.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
My metabolism has improved as a result of my exercises and I am leaner and fitter.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!