Brand New Vegan’s Best Damn Vegan Chili Ever is this weeks featured recipe in the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library. I haven’t tried this one yet – but I will. It sure looks good! I can almost smell it. Living a plant-based lifestyle offers you countless possibilities of whole grains, beans, legumes, vegetables and fruit to combine into limitless combinations of mouthwatering and satisfying meals. The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library has more than 30,000 free recipes for your enjoyment.
Best Damn Vegan Chili Ever
Brand New Vegan, November 28, 2014.
Prep time: 30 minutes. Cook time: 1 hour. Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes. Serves 16
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8oz package seitan, drained and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 8oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- 15oz can no salt added tomatoes
- 16oz low sodium vegetable broth (I use the tomato sauce can)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 15oz can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 15oz can kidney beans
- ½ 15oz can no fat refried beans
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños & juice
- 2 Tablespoons Masa Harina corn flour
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- Chop onions, peppers, and garlic into a large soup pot
- Saute in ⅓ cup of veggie broth until translucent
- Add in seitan and continue to stir for a few minutes
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and remaining broth
- Add in spices and stir until mixed well
- Add all the beans and jalapeños and stir
- Mix the Corn Flour with the hot water and stir into pot
- Give the chili one more good stir and bring it to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about an hour.
If you’re gluten intolerant, you can substitute an 8oz package of mushrooms for the seitan. Or leave it out entirely.
Visit Brand New Vegan
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you!
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I love eating nutritious, health-empowering food.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.