You can help your body to heal and to be healthy by expressing your emotions. Research supports that the more the emotional baggage is felt internally, the worse it is for the body. Holding in emotions weakens your body’s immune system, which make it tougher to ward off colds, infections, and when you do get sick, you have a more difficult time getting well. According to experts in mind and body medicine, our emotions affect our bodies because they’re linked to our bodies via our immune, endocrine, and central nervous systems. Mindfulness hypnosis can help you unpack your emotional baggage and to be OK in this moment.
Unpack Your Emotional Baggage
to Help Your Body Heal
PsychCentral: Looking at a list of body functions affected when women or men hold in their emotional baggage is staggering. This is why when you become ill, it’s so important to evaluate what you’re feeling, and what you have been feeling for the past six months — because some illnesses, such as rheumatoid arthritis, may take months to become symptomatic.
- Constipation or diarrhea, as well as stomach pain/ulcers
- Back/Neck pain
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain or loss (eating disorders always have an emotional aspect)
- Sexual problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cancers (for example, pancreatic cancer may present with depression before the patient is symptomatic with cancer)
There are many ways you can help a loved one or yourself unpack emotional baggage; try these suggestions and practice them frequently:
- Laugh as much as you can. Watch funny videos and allow yourself to laugh out loud.
- Cry when you need to. Don’t hold it in — just let it flow.
- Practice voicing, “I’m angry.” You don’t have to act on it, just say it out loud and say why.
- Mindful actions. Before you take any medication for a headache, stomachache, backache, to stay awake, or to fall asleep, ask yourself: What am I holding on to? Begin jotting things down. This small action offers huge rewards.
- Massages are a common treatment for people who have gone through horrendous crisis, and they’re also a wonderful treatment for fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. Breathe and let go of held in emotional pain as the therapist works on the body part that holds the physical pain.
Self hypnosis is to me one of the best solutions you can use to help you unpack your emotional baggage. You can do it anywhere, anytime (not while driving) and it centers you within you in the moment. That mindful centering can happen almost instantly. From this place of mindfulness, you can express your thoughts and emotions and let go of your emotional baggage. Learn mindfulness hypnosis and unpack your emotional baggage.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I express my needs and feelings.
Remember to sign up to receive daily blog posts at the top right side of this page NOW!