Butternut Squash Soup
I’m a big fan of soup and I love butternut squash so this Butternut Squash Soup recipe has me drooling!
The recipe doesn’t give a prep time but you do need to plan ahead. This soup simmers for 2 – 3 hours and then cooks longer until the squash is tender.
I’m thinking that when this soup is done it will be a mighty good meal. Let me know how you enjoy it.
Butternut Squash Soup is the latest edition to the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library.
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library has access to more than 45,000 free scrumptious recipes just waiting for you!
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. whole peppercorns
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups water
- 2 large onions, diced, with 1/4 cup reserved
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. white truffle oil, optional
- 1/4 cup Corn Nuts snack, plain flavor, coarsely crushed, for garnish
- Place the carrot, celery, parsley, thyme, peppercorns, bay leaf, white wine, water, and all but 1/4 cup of the onions in a large pot, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Strain the soup, discard the pulp, and return the liquid to the pot.
- Add the squash and remaining onion to the pot and cook over medium heat until the squash is tender.
Transfer the squash, onion, and one cup of the liquid (reserving the remaining liquid in a separate container) to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season it with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add the truffle oil, if desired. Blend again until oil is incorporated.
- Pour the purée back into the pot and add some of the reserved liquid, stirring to achieve desired consistency. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle Corn Nuts over each.
Makes 4 servings
Print Butternut Squash Soup
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I embrace healthy patterns of behavior around food.
The family who eats healthy together, stays healthy together.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.