Going on vacation or just going out to a restaurant can be challenging with calorie laden meals. I tell clients that when they go on a vacation where all the meals are in restaurants that maintenance of their current weight is great success. Typically, a restaurant meal will have about 40% more fat along with more sodium and sugar than if you made the same meal yourself at home. Besides making healthy choices, the number one thing you can do with a restaurant meal is to only eat enough to meet your body’s nutritional requirements. That is where self-hypnosis come in. Using hypnosis you can be in control of what you are eating, how much you are eating and ultimately your weight. It only makes sense to put weight loss hypnosis to work for you. You really can go out to eat and continue your journey to lose weight.
I came across this at Reuters:
Menus Still Calorie-Laden Despite New Laws
Laws requiring U.S. restaurant chains to list calorie counts have not stopped them from offering unhealthy meals that pack in calories, fat and salt, a group that encourages healthy food said on Tuesday. A pancake breakfast providing 1,380 calories, a single-serve pizza that packs two days’ worth of sodium and a pasta dish swimming in four day’s worth of fat top a list published by the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI). The group, which “outs” the calorie, fat and sodium counts of America’s favorite foods every year, said it looked for evidence that restaurants are trimming back their offerings in the face of new laws and political pressure. They found little.
One might think that chains like Outback Steakhouse and The Cheesecake Factory might want to lighten up their meals now that calories will be required on their menus. But these chains don’t promote moderation. They practice caloric extremism, and they’re helping make modern-day Americans become the most obese people ever to walk the Earth.
The U.S. Institute of Medicine says the average American needs about 2,000 calories a day, 1,500 mg of salt and no more than 20 grams of saturated fat.
FAT Some of the meals listed by the CSPI:
* Bob Evans’ Cinnamon Cream Stacked & Stuffed Hotcakes has 1,380 calories and 34 grams of saturated fat or “about what you’d get in two country-fried steaks and four eggs”, the CSPI said.
* California Pizza Kitchen’s Tostada Pizza with Grilled Steak has with 1,680 calories, 32 grams of saturated fat, and 3,300 mg of sodium.
* Five Guys’ Bacon Cheeseburger has 920 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat. Its large French fries has 1,460 calories “about triple the calories of a large order of fries at McDonald’s,” the CSPI said.
* P.F. Chang’s Double Pan-Fried Noodles Combo has 1,820 calories and 7,690 milligrams of salt.
* The Cheesecake Factory’s Pasta Carbonara with Chicken has 2,500 calories and 85 grams of saturated fat.
Do you struggle making healthy choices in restaurants? Do you think of restaurant eating as a food orgy? Do you think you deserve to splurge or have a special treat?
Weight loss hypnosis with Slender For Life™ can help you achieve your goal to lose weight. Learn more about hypnosis and put self-hypnosis to work for you so that you make conscious choices when looking at the menu.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
In restaurants I order my meals consciously to support my goals.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!