I have been teaching and writing that you can change how your brain responds to food. And, it is always exciting to have someone else validate what you’ve been saying for years – at least it is for me. Weight loss hypnosis can help you change how your brain responds to food and it is far more powerful than willpower. If you are ready to change how your brain responds to food, put hypnosis for weight loss to work for you.
How Does Your Brain Respond to Food?
WebMD Health News, August 1, 2011: Some overweight people may be hardwired to overeat. Willpower alone usually is not enough for lasting weight loss; instead, to counter obesity, some experts now recommend focusing on the ways in which the brain responds to food rather than solely on personal choice. Even highly motivated and nutritionally informed patients struggle to refrain from highly palatable foods that are high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats.
In the paper, the researchers present three brain processes that are associated with both overeating and obesity: food reward, inhibitory control, and time discounting.
- Food reward, which includes both the pleasure of eating and the motivation to eat, has been linked to the same brain processes that control our urges for sex, gambling, and substance use. People with a greater reward sensitivity will likely have stronger food cravings, particularly for fatty and sweet foods, the researchers write.
- Inhibitory control, or the ability to eat in moderation, is influenced by the part of the brain strongly associated with self-control and planning, the researchers write.
- Time discounting is the tendency to prefer short-term rewards over long-term rewards. In the case of obesity, it amounts to choosing the immediate pleasure of eating tasty foods as opposed to the health benefits of abstaining.
They recommend the following strategies:
- Eliminate high fat-foods from your home and your workplace.
- Stick to a shopping list of healthy foods when at the supermarket, or shop online so you don’t have to confront tempting foods.
- Reduce stress, a frequent trigger of overeating.
- Stay away from all-you-can-eat buffets and restaurants that promote overindulgence.
- Focus on short-term goals, especially at the beginning of a weight loss program
The just released 2nd edition of my book, Becoming Slender For Life and its hypnosis CD set teaches you the skills and tools of hypnosis for weight loss so that you can rewire your brain to eat healthy. Weight loss hypnosis can change your health and your life. Why not start rewiring for your health today?
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I am rewiring my brain to eat healthy.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!