As, you may already know, I am passionate about reversing and ending childhood obesity. Sadly, according to the CDC, the percentage of children with obesity in the United States has more than tripled since the 1970s. Today, about one in five school-aged children (ages 6–19) has obesity.
You may not have young children or grandchildren, but childhood obesity should be alarming to you. Why should you care? You can’t afford it! The cost of obesity in the U.S. is skyrocketing. Children today are becoming sick with diseases like heart disease, hypertension and diabetes that were once thought to only occur in older adults. The military is turning people away because they are to fat to qualify military service. Obese college graduates have a harder timing finding employment.
That’s just a few of a long list of reasons why each one of us should be hopping mad and taking action.
Reverse and end childhood obesity
At Seattle Weight Loss Hypnosis with Roger Moore, I know that reversing and ending childhood obesity has to be a family affair. Mom, Dad and all the kids must be involved. This means that parent buy and serve healthy plant-based food. It means that the whole family shuts off the TV, shuts down the video games, leaves their phones at home and gets outside to play together as a family.
For more than 20 years, I have taught hypnosis for weight loss to children and their families so that they can lose weight and keep it off. Kids are naturals with hypnosis and are great teachers for their parents.
In most cases, childhood obesity is reversible and preventable. Let’s end it. If you or your family are overweight, give me a call or send me an email and lets get you scheduled for a free weight loss hypnosis consultation.
What can you do?
- Buy and serve whole plant-based food for your children and grandchildren.
- Involve your children in buying vegetables and fruit and in meal preparation.
- Plant a vegetable garden with your children.
- Get you and your kids off the couch and outside to play!
- Attend school board meetings and ask for whole plant-based school lunches.
- Learn self-hypnosis and incorporate it into your life and your family’s life.
Childhood Obesity and Child Wellbeing
Childhood obesity has immediate and long-term impacts on physical, social, and emotional health. For example:
- Children with obesity are at higher risk for having other chronic health conditions and diseases that impact physical health, such as asthma, sleep apnea, bone and joint problems, type 2 diabetes, and risk factors for heart disease.
- Children with obesity are bullied and teased more than their normal weight peers, and are more likely to suffer from social isolation, depression, and lower self-esteem.
- In the long term, childhood obesity also is associated with having obesity as an adult, which is linked to serious conditions and diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and several types of cancer.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I inspire my family to eat healthy and to be active.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.