How is your New Year’s Resolution to lose weight coming along? Seems like most people take the MUTTS approach. If you really want your goal, hypnosis can make the difference.
As a rule, I am not much for calorie counting but it has its place. MayoClinic.com has that of all the diet strategies out there, it still comes down to the calorie.
Calories are fuel for your body, they are the energy in food. Your body has a constant demand for energy and uses the calories from food to keep you functioning.
Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are the types of nutrients that contain calories and are the main energy sources for your body. Proteins and carbohydrates have about 4 calories a gram, fat has 9 calories per gram.
It’s no secret – you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. 3,500 calories equals about 1 pound of fat. So, you need to burn an extra 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound. If you cut 500 calories from your diet each day, you’d lose about 1 pound a week.
A 16oz Starbucks grande caffe latte has 190 calories! 2 cups of chocolate ice cream is 570 calories, 1 3 oz bag of nacho-flavored tortilla chips is 424 calories, 1 cubic inch of cheese (0.6 oz) is 69 calories, 51 of them from fat and 1 4-inch cinnamon-raisin bagel with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese is 344 calories.
What can you do?
- Choose lower calorie foods. 1 large apple is 110 calories, 4 fat calories and 2 protein calories. 1 large banana is 121 calories, 4 from fat and 6 protein calories. 1/2 cup of brown rice is 109 calories, 7 from fat and 9 calories of protein. 1 cup of black beans is 227 calories, only 8 from fat and is 15.2 grams of protein. 1 medium sweet potato is 103 calories, 2 calories from fat and 9 calories of protein.
- Reduce your portion sizes. Eat 1 cup of steamed vegetables and 1 cup of beans or whole grains. If you eat chicken, fish, beef or pork, never more than the size of a deck of cards.
- See what you eat – take it out of the container and place it on a plate. 1 cup is about the size of your fist.
- Read the food label. Check the serving size – are you really only going to eat 2/3 of a candy bar? That small bag of chips that you eat every day for lunch is two servings.
- It’s OK to leave food on your plate! You really don’t have to eat it all.
- Sit when you eat – never stand and eat.
- Eat slowly.
- Use hypnosis. At Slender For Life all clients are taught the Light Switch one-minute self-hypnosis technique. Hypnotherapy allows you to make conscious choices – choosing to eat when you are hungry, eat only enough to meet your needs and to make healthy choices. Using hypnosis in one-minute ensures that you always have the time.
- Forget about weight loss pills, weight loss supplements, diet drinks, liquid diets, green tea weight loss, fast weight loss, and those diets that tell you that you can eat whatever you want and lose weight – if you believe in those I have some land to sell you. Remember what happens when you stop dieting, the weight comes back on. That is what is different with weight loss hypnosis, you take it off and keep it off.