Diet and nutrition can certainly play a major role in the treatment of Crohn’s disease and I know that hypnosis should be part of the mix as well. Crohn’s disease is thought to be an autoimmune disease, in which the body’s immune system attacks the gastrointestinal tract, causing inflammation; it is classified as a type of inflammatory bowel disease. Bainbridge Island hypnosis and Seattle hypnosis clients use hypnosis to direct the subconscious mind to direct the immune system to stop the attack on the gastrointestinal tract. Self-hypnosis can also help you make the necessary diet and nutrition changes to support your wellness. If you are suffering from Crohn’s disease find out more about hypnosis can help you.
Crohn’s Disease: Diet and Nutrition
WebMD, September 13, 2011: Because Crohn’s disease affects the gut and symptoms often occur after meals, you may wonder if certain foods cause or contribute to the disorder. Many experts wonder about this too and research looking into the connection between diet and Crohn’s is ongoing. At this point, we don’t have an ideal diet for Crohn’s, but we do know that certain types of foods can make symptoms worse or better.
To help ensure that you are eating a balanced diet and getting enough calories while avoiding symptoms, you can take these steps:
1. Eat smaller meals and eat more often. Instead of eating three large meals, eat five small meals.
2. Avoid high-fat, greasy, and fried foods such as cream sauces, butter, margarine, and anything deep fried. About one-third of people with Crohn’s find these foods harder to digest because they have difficulty digesting fat.
3. Avoid high-fiber foods such as corn, popcorn, seeds, and nuts. These types of foods have shells and hulls that aren’t completely digested in the small intestine, which can aggravate symptoms.
4. Get tested for lactose intolerance if you think you may have it. Many people avoid dairy because they think they are lactose intolerant when they are not. The only way to know for sure is to be tested. If you have the condition, you may be able to take supplements to help you digest dairy. If it’s possible, it’s important to continue to eat dairy because it is such a good source of nutrition and calories.
5. Keep a food diary. This can help you determine which foods, if any, irritate your stomach more than others.
6. Try eating a softer, blander diet, rather than anything spicy and high in fiber during flares. This may cause less discomfort. Just be sure to eat a balance of foods from all food groups.
7. Chronic diarrhea can lead to dehydration, making you feel weak and tired. It can also affect your kidneys and even lead to kidney stones, so it’s important to monitor how much you drink, especially in warmer weather. Talk with your doctor about how much fluid and what types of fluids you should be taking in every day. It’s best to avoid soda and caffeinated beverages as they can irritate your stomach.
It’s a good idea to talk with your doctor about your nutritional needs and what you can do to ensure you are meeting them.
Diet and nutrition are certainly important in the treatment of Crohn’s Disease and so is self-hypnosis. You can learn how to direct your mind for your wellness using hypnosis. If you live to far from Puget Sound, send me an email and together we can create a treatment plan using Skype or the phone for you. Find out more how you can use hypnosis for your health.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I digest life with ease.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!