If you like trivia, Did you know . . . is for you. Over the past 18 years of teaching clients and students hypnosis for weight loss, I’ve gathered a lot of information about healthy eating, weight loss, health and wellness. When I wrote my book, I chose to share a few of them.
Did you know . . . is this week’s reading from my book, Becoming Slender For Life.
Did you know . . .
- Obesity rate (with a BMI of 30 or higher) among the general U.S. population: 18 percent.
- Obesity rate among vegetarians: 6 percent.
- Average weight of vegan adults compared to non-vegetarian adults: 10–20 pounds lighter.
- Fat in a single foil-packaged restaurant serving of butter: 6 grams
- As of 2006, fat in a Burger King Whopper with cheese: 47 grams. Fat in a Double Whopper with cheese: 64 grams.
- Fat in the average veggie burger found in U.S. supermarkets and natural food stores: 3 grams.
- Among the diseases associated with obesity: heart disease, certain types of cancer, Type 2 diabetes, stroke, arthritis, breathing problems and psychological disorders, such as depression.
- Harvard studied 75,000 women for a decade and the results suggest that the more fruits and vegetables women eat, the less likely they will become obese.
- Researchers at the National Cancer Institute followed over 75,000 people for ten years to find out which behaviors were most associated with weight loss and which with weight gain. They wrapped tape measures around people’s waists for a decade and found that the one dietary behavior most associated with an expanding waistline was high meat consumption, and the dietary behavior most strongly associated with a loss of abdominal fat was high vegetable consumption
- Eating vegetables and grains for health is not new information. More than 2600 years ago, Daniel said to his guard, “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see. So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days. At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.: [Daniel 1:12 – 16]
Did you also know that the Becoming Slender For Life weight loss hypnosis MP3 downloads can support you in your weight loss journey?
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I am effortlessly maintaining my perfect body weight.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.