Yesterday I wrote in 1/3 With Arthritis Report Anxiety or Depression I wrote “I started using my unconscious mind to make changes with my autoimmune system. I used stress reduction techniques that allowed my immune system to function better.” Over the years of teaching clients stress management and how to use their unconscious mind with their autoimmune system I have witnessed many clients reducing or eliminating their symptoms of arthritis. No matter how old you are, if you are suffering with arthritis you too can use the stress reduction tools offered here at Hypnosis Health Info (like Orange Blossom) and the Light Switch Self-hypnosis technique to improve your health.
Easing Stress, Easing Arthritis Symptoms
WebMD Feature: Whether it’s a problem at work, relationship troubles, or just dealing with traffic, we all deal with stress in our lives. But ongoing stress can take a toll on your health. It can also make any health condition that you have feel worse, including arthritis.
When your body is under stress, it releases chemicals that can trigger inflammation and pain. So you might be more likely to have arthritis flare-ups when you’re feeling stress.
What’s more, stress can increase your perception of pain. “Stress can leave you feeling less able to handle your pain and more easily overwhelmed by it,” says Sharon Kolasinski, MD, a rheumatologist and professor of clinical medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
And, having a chronic illness, such as arthritis, can add to your stress level. “Chronic pain is a stressor in itself,” says Kolasinski. “But it can be even more stressful when the pain limits your mobility or activities.”
This article offers seven stress management suggestions and ideas on how to get started.
1. Exercise to Reduce OA Pain: One of the easiest ways to get started is to find an activity that you enjoy.
2. Meditate for Arthritis Pain Relief: Meditation can be extraordinarily helpful for those with osteoarthritis.
3. Breathe Deeply to Lower Stress: One simple way to stop stress and feel more relaxed wherever you are is to take a few deep breaths.
4. Try Alternative Relaxation Techniques ~ Many people use alternative therapies, such as hypnosis, progressive muscle relaxation, and guided imagery training to help manage stress.
5. Take Time Away From OA~It’s important to make time in your schedule for activities you like, such as reading, having coffee with a friend, seeing a movie, or listening to music.
6. Stay Connected and Say No to Joint Pain ~ Having friends feels good — and it’s good for your health too.
7. Get Help to Manage OA Stress ~ If you’re having a hard time managing your stress, it might be time to ask for help.
Stress can influence health both directly and indirectly. Directly, stress exerts a powerful effect on all body systems by affecting the nervous system and the endocrine system. All gastrointestinal functions, such as appetite, digestion, muscle contractions in the intestine and bowel movements are mediated by nerve impulses and hormone signals. You don’t need scientific research to know this if you’ve ever experienced a stomachache, diarrhea or loss of appetite in response to stress.
Chronic stress not only makes people more vulnerable to catching illnesses but can also impair their immune system’s ability to respond to its own anti-inflammatory signals that are triggered by certain hormones. Inhibition of immune and inflammatory systems make you more susceptible to colds and flu and can exacerbate some diseases such as cancer and autoimmune diseases like arthritis.
Learning stress management techniques and self-hypnosis are first and foremost for any person with autoimmune disease. Stress or a stressful event may or may not have triggered the autoimmune disease. Having an autoimmune disease is stressful and stress suppresses the immune system. No matter how old you may be, you can learn self-hypnosis and other stress reduction techniques to ease the pain and suffering of diseases like arthritis. With hypnosis you can use the power of your subconscious mind to enhance your autoimmune system for your health and wellness.
Be sure to get your free hypnosis MP3 download, Orange Blossom.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I relax and boost my immune system.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!