Energy drinks are unhealthy
It’s been a few years since I last posted anything about the fact that energy drinks are unhealthy. When I saw Dr. Greger’s post I thought this was a great opportunity to remedy this.
According to the Daily Health Post, in just the first 30 to 50 minutes of drinking and energy drink, “you’ve fully absorbed the caffeine and your body begins to react: your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises and your liver increases blood sugar levels. This causes your pancreas to release insulin, which then signals your body to store the excess sugar as fat.”
I recently saw an overweight father with two obese children buying several cases of energy drinks at a big box store. Do you know that children are at a higher risk of developing adverse effects from drinking energy drinks? Energy drinks can cause palpitations, sleeping problems, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures and lead to behavioral issues as well.
Most importantly, the overwhelming evidence is that energy drinks are unhealthy! So drink water. Water refreshes and replenishes you helping you to maintain great health.
Weight loss hypnosis
If you and/or your family are consuming energy drinks, my Slender For Life™ weight loss hypnosis can help you to create healthy desires to drink water and eat healthy well-balanced meals. Above all, hypnosis for weight loss, you can lose weight, keep it off and enhance your chances of improving your health.
I’m happy to offer you a free weight loss hypnosis consultation. We can meet online from the comfort of your home, office, hotel, RV or where ever you may be. Call me at 760-219-8079 or send me an email and let’s get you scheduled.
Are Energy Drinks Beneficial?
- One can of Red Bull has been shown to increase blood pressure by 3 or 4 points within 90 minutes of consumption. If you have elevated blood pressure day in and day out, that bump means a 20 percent higher risk of dying from a stroke and a 12 percent higher risk of dying from a heart attack.
- Energy drink manufacturers skirt the FDA’s imposed limit on caffeine in sodas by claiming their beverages are “natural dietary supplements,” not sodas.
- Despite having the same amount of caffeine as coffee, Red Bull results in significantly higher average blood pressure—about five points higher.
- Energy drinks may impair artery function and increase risk of our hearts flipping into a fatal rhythm.
- At greatest risk are families with a history of sudden cardiac death or fainting. Energy drinks may unmask Long QT syndrome, a potentially life-threatening genetic condition.
- Originally marketed to athletes—very successfully—but researchers found no improvement in endurance or resistance training compared with just sugar water and caffeine or straight caffeine, respectively. Energy drink consumption does seem to increase inflammation, though.
- Unlike nitrate-rich vegetables, energy drinks raise resting blood pressure, which is the opposite effect of beets and greens, which improve athletic performance and reduce blood pressure at the same time.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
Water refreshes and replenishes me helping me to maintain great health.
Subscribe to my blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.