Let’s put an end to childhood obesity and learn the facts on dairy products. On June 4, 2014, Julieanna Hever, M.S., R.D., C.P.T., also known as The Plant-Based Dietitian, posted Why and How to Ditch Dairy. I am committed to reversing and ending childhood obesity in my lifetime and it is with that in mind that I felt it essential to share this post by the Plant-Based Dietitian.
Why and How to Ditch Dairy
Facts on Dairy:
- We do not need it for calcium, vitamin D, protein, etc. There are much healthier foods that contain adequate doses of these nutrients but without the steroids, hormones, chemicals, medications, saturated fat, cholesterol, and unthinkable animal suffering that goes into dairy’s production.
- The dairy industry is perhaps one of the most pervasive powerful, and creative forces to be reckoned with as they inundate the USDA’s dietary guideline decisions, are marketed to children directly, provide education to healthcare professionals directly and indirectly, fund massive research for intended, untruthful results, and have clever, compelling ad campaigns everywhere that makes us believe milk is a power food and critical to our health. It is absolutely not.
- Find calcium in plant milks, leafy green vegetables (kale is better absorbed than dairy…see study below), broccoli, unhealed sesame seeds, tahini, calcium-set tofu, oranges, beans, dried figs, fortified juice, and blackstrap molasses.
- Vitamin D is best derived from the sun but can be found in fortified plant milks and many people require supplements, regardless of type of diet, intake and sun exposure (see below).
- Find protein in legumes, nuts, seeds, quinoa, whole grains, leafy green veggies….all plant foods (see yesterday’s post).
- Ditch dairy by replacing it with plant versions, commit to a 3- to 4-week period to completely stop consuming it. That will get rid of the addictive nature of it.
- 10 Reasons to Ditch Dairy
- My Do’s and Don’ts for Optimizing Bone Density on Veria
- Calcium Absorption in Kale
- 20 Chemicals in Milk
- PCRM on why dairy is worse than the sugary cereal in your breakfast bowl
- Giving Up Cheese
- One Green Planet on Ditching Dairy
- 5 Ways to Make Vegan Dips for Cheese Lovers
- Miyoko Schinner’s Artisan Cheese Book
- Optimizing Bone Density
- 50 Outrageously Cheesy Non-Dairy Recipes
Read Why and How to Ditch Dairy
Reversing and ending childhood obesity is a family affair. It must involve parents and siblings. Slender For Life™ hypnosis for weight loss is here for you and for your family. Your kids can be healthy and grow up well. You can find me in my Seattle weight loss hypnosis office, Bainbridge weight loss hypnosis office, Forks weight loss hypnosis office and online from your own home wherever you may be. Call or email me for your free consultation.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I am healthy and growing up well.
Remember to sign up to receive daily blog posts at the top right side of this page NOW!