Recently, I’ve been thinking a lot about grace. Last week In Getting even better, I ended with: “When you start feeling comfortable with being your best self, it’s time to up the ante. Acknowledge how far you’ve come and appreciate your achievement. Then dig deeper and allow for more. Do all of this with joy, grace and with gratitude.”
I frequently talk about treating yourself with “grace.” So, what does that mean?
There are two definitions of grace that standout for me. 1) “Disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency.” 2) “A simple elegance or refinement of movement.”
When you are being your best self, you treat yourself with grace, kindness, courtesy and clemency. You display an inner elegance and you are deliberate in who you are. There is a positive quiet confidence about you. You are honoring yourself with your deeper truth.
Falling from grace
Falling from grace happens. You are human and you are having a human experience. You will at times forget who it is that you are becoming.
At other times life will happen and those old neuropathways will spark and you fall into old behavior.
This is the time when you acknowledge that you have tripped and fallen and forgive yourself for your judgements of yourself.
And then you use the Greatest Expression of You process:
- Read the 2 or 3 sentences that describe being the Greatest Expression of You
- Meditate on this and memorize being joyful.
- Mentally rehearse this situation only this time step into grace and be your best self.
- Use self-hypnosis throughout the day to remind yourself who it is you are becoming
- Inventory – At the end of the day, take inventory of your day. Where did you do really well at being the Greatest Expression of You? Where did you fall from grace? Mentally rehearse being & doing differently next time.
- Believe – We only act on and out of what we personally believe to be true.
- Gratitude – Give thanks for being the Greatest Expression of You. Open up to receiving.
You will find that there is grace in this too!
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I honor myself with grace.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.