Seattle Hypnosis: Make positive changes with hypnosis in the New Year. Learn how to do hypnosis and take back your power – the power that you gave away to food, people, money, events, life and circumstances. Use hypnotherapy and achieve your New Year Resolutions!
OK – so once again it is time to set those New Year’s Resolutions. How did you do with last years? How long did you even try? Maybe you are wondering why bother with setting any resolutions this year. With a little prep work, you can make your dreams your reality.
Here are some ideas to help you with your success:
- Write down your goals. That is how you make a wish into a goal and a goal into reality.
- Make your goals SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic and Timed
- Write down 52 reasons to achieve your goal. What is it that is so compelling about this goal that makes it worth while? Use one reason each week to help motivate you.
In his book, Stages of Change, James Prochaska tells us about the process of change. Prochaska identifies six stages of change.
- Pre-contemplation: This is the stage where we aren’t even thinking about making a change – we are oblivious to the need to change or think it’s everyone else’s problem.
- Contemplation: Here we begin thinking about maybe we should lose weight after the holidays or maybe we should buy a new car. In this stage, we are not yet committed but perhaps sometime in the next six months we will do it.
- Preparation: When it comes to weight loss, people often fail to prepare. Weight loss is a psychic surgery and requires preparation. When are you going to have time to exercise? When are you going to carve out the time to plan meals, grocery shop, prepare healthy meals and snacks? What else do you need to get in place to ensure your success?
- Action: This is the stage of actually showing up at the gym or actively working on the goal.
- Maintenance: What does it take to maintain a healthy wait? How do I do it? The maintenance phase is often ignored as people think that they have arrived, but maintenance can be as or perhaps even more challenging then the Action stage.
- Termination: This is the stage where it no longer takes thought – its automatic. Of course you get up and go to the gym and have oatmeal for breakfast. It’s what you do. You do not even think about it – you just do it.
Change is not a straight-line process. We move from one stage to another and back again. We are in several stages of change at anyone time and when we go back to a previous stage, it is not relapse – it is recycle. You learn more this time and move on towards your goal.
You really can take control of your mind and your behavior in this New Year. Learn self-hypnosis and take back your power. Remember, hypnosis is the ultimate display of control – it is you being in control of you.
Learn more about how to do hypnosis by attending the Global Hypnosis Summit from wherever you are. Register now and tell them Roger Moore sent you.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I make positive changes in my life with hypnosis.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the top of this page NOW!