Hypnosis through virtual reality
WOW – Hypnosis through virtual reality! How exciting! I am thrilled that medical research using hypnosis is being conducted in major medical centers and schools throughout the world.
There is a plethora of documentation that using hypnosis to reduce preoperative anxiety correlates with reducing postoperative pain.
I am happy now to be able to offer hypnosis pain control at my Palm Desert Hypnosis office for people living and visiting throughout the Coachella Valley. And, of course, I will continue to offer hypnosis pain control online worldwide.
To find out how hypnosis pain control can help you, give me a call or send me an email and let me answer your questions.
Hypnosis through virtual reality aids in medical recovery
DALLAS – Feb. 13, 2019 – Anesthesiologists at UT Southwestern Medical Center are helping to explore the use of hypnosis through virtual reality to lessen postoperative pain and anxiety in children.
The study’s VRH group demonstrated several significant advantages, including:
- Only 20 percent required pain medication (IV morphine), compared with 62.5 percent in the control group.
- 5 percent of the VRH group required anti-anxiety medication, compared with 100 percent in the control group.
- VRH group members were able to sit up and/or walk more quickly after surgery (23 hours compared with 33 hours in the control group).
- The VRH group experienced less vomiting (40 percent vs. 83.3 percent in the control group).
- The average hospital length of stay was 125.5 hours for VRH group members compared with 137.7 hours in the control group.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
My body and mind work together to strengthen my healing powers.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.