Discover the truth about hypnotherapy here at Hypnosis Health Info.
* Everyone can be hypnotized
* You just have to be receptive
* We are always in a trance
“I don’t think that I can be hypnotized.” If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that! Wondering if you can be hypnotized is common, and it’s understandable if you’ve had no experience with hypnosis that you would wonder about it. Let me assure you, you can be! You already have been hypnotized all throughout your life. Some text books will tell you that 80% of the population is hypnotically susceptible. My own personal belief is that 100% of the population is hypnotically susceptible. About 20% are just not receptive. You have got to want it!
In order for hypnosis to work, you have to want the suggestion–you have to be receptive. If I give you the suggestion to go rob a bank and bring me the cash, the only way you would entertain that suggestion is if you already were a bank robber. (And if you really were to follow through on that suggestion, you wouldn’t bring me the cash.)
We move from one trance state to another trance state . . we are always in trance.
When you get in the car and drive to the grocery store and don’t remember the space in between, you’ve been in a driving trance. As you’re driving down the road and you hear the first note of a song that you haven’t heard in years and you immediately beginning singing the words, that’s a radio trance. When you’re watching TV and you burst out laughing or jump with fright, you’re in a TV trance. (Advertisers are counting on it.) And when you sit down to a meal and you eat much too fast, that’s an eating trance.
Think about your car for a moment. Now imagine that I have just painted it Pepto-Bismol pink. You probably don’t want it that color, but you can get an idea what that would be like and know that you wouldn’t want it. I don’t know what kind of a car you have. I didn’t imagine your car Pepto-Bismol pink, you did that. And neither I, nor any other hypnotherapist, can make you imagine anything. That is up to you.
All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. Hypnosis is taking control of the trance you are in. See for yourself–listen to some of the brief examples on this site and experience the relaxing, centering effect of an intentional trance.
To learn more about using the Light Switch Self-Hypnosis technique check out these video posts on Written Suggestions and Power Minutes:
- Hypnosis In One Minute and Light Switch Self Hypnosis – a quick and powerful tool to create change in your life – putting you in control of you.
- Self-Hypnosis Written Suggestions and Written Suggestions – Learn how to write your own suggestions for self-hypnosis
- Self-hypnosis Power Minutes and Power Minutes – Power Minutes are 1 to 4 minute hypnosis therapy downloads available at Hypnosis Health Info giving you hypnotherapy sessions for your busy day.
- How To Use Power Minutes I am excited about the great reception that Power Minutes are receiving. Many of you have given me very positive feedback. I have had some questions on how to use the hypnosis Power Minutesso watch this video and watch the Power Minutes video.
- Course Correctionstells you how you can stay focused and achieve your goals using the Light Switch Self Hypnosis.
- Powerfully Creating A New Path Creating new behaviors or changing old behaviors can be difficult. Discover how you can make that change.
- Hypnosis – Do It Daily –“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” ~ Zig Zigler. Watch this video and discover the importance of using self-hypnosis daily.
Need help or ideas for suggestions? Then read Written Suggestions.