It has always bewildered me that exercise wasn’t a vital sign that health care providers looked at when assessing the overall health of their patients. And it has saddened and outraged me that school budgets have forced the reduction in exercise activities both during and after school. With 65% of the US population overweight and with the epidemic of childhood obesity on the rise, we must take action now. At my Seattle hypnosis and Bainbridge Island hypnosis offices of Slender For Life™ I have assisted people with motivation to exercise since 1997. If you are struggling to get off the couch, learn hypnosis and get up and move.
New Activity Plan Seeks To Put PE Back In School
This is from Reuters, May 3, 2010: U.S. schools and childcare programs could be required to include daily exercise as part of the new National Physical Activity Plan released on Monday.
The plan was launched by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, the National Coalition for Promoting Physical Activity, American Heart Association and the American College of Sports Medicine. It spans law, policy, schools and medicine with recommendations that include:
* A national program to educate Americans about how to help themselves and others exercise more.
* More funding of research into how to get people to exercise.
* Including physical activity education in the training of all health care professionals.
* Making physical activity a patient “vital sign” that all health care providers assess and discuss with their patients.
* Putting a field for tracking physical activity in electronic medical records and electronic health records.
* Making physical inactivity a treatable and preventable health condition, with payments to doctors for a physical inactivity diagnosis.
* Developing state and school district policies requiring schools to account for the quality and quantity of physical education and physical activity programs.
* Ensuring that early childhood education settings for children up to age 5 promote physical activity and discourage sedentary behavior.
* Providing access to and opportunities for physical activity before and after school.
* Enacting federal legislation to support these strategies.
* Developing local policies and joint use agreements for school gyms and community recreation centers.
* Requiring a physical activity component in all state and federally funded after-school programs.
Most research shows that adults and children alike need at least one hour of moderate physical activity a day to stay healthy and keep from gaining weight. Regular exercise reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke and other chronic illnesses. Read New Activity Plan Seeks To Put PE Back In School.
Don’t wait for the government to force exercise to become a vital sign to measure your overall health. You can learn hypnosis and create that desire, that motivation to get out and move your body. At Slender For Life™ and in my book, Becoming Slender For Life I offer hypnotic suggestions on how you can make exercise a part of your daily routine.
Let’s put an end to the childhood obesity epidemic and get our kids on the move. If you are overweight why not find out what hypnotherapy can do for you and for your family?
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
Every day in every way I am becoming fitter and healthier.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!