Sadly, obesity is on the menu for kids. The nonprofit Center for Science in the Public Interest reports that nearly all of the meal possibilities offered to kids at America’s top chain restaurants are of poor nutritional quality. One out of every three American children is overweight or obese, but it’s as if the chain restaurant industry didn’t get the memo. At the Seattle weight loss hypnosis and Bainbridge Island weight loss hypnosis offices of Slender For Life™ I am committed to helping parents reverse and prevent childhood obesity in their homes. Parents have a choice as to what restaurant you choose and what your kids order. Healthy living is a family affair that does require Mom and Dad to eat healthy, make healthy restaurant decisions and guide the decisions kids make when ordering a meal. Hypnosis for weight loss can also be a family affair that can make healthy eating fun and doable.
97% of Kids’ Meals Flunk Nutrition, as
Fried Chicken Fingers, Burgers, Fries, Soda Dominate at Chain Restaurants
Some 97% of nearly 3,500 kids meals analyzed don’t meet basic nutritional standards, the Center for Science in the Public Interest said in its report “Kids’ Meals: Obesity on the Menu.”
What’s more, 91% don’t meet the National Restaurant Association’s own nutritional guidelines for its Kids LiveWell program, a voluntary program for restaurant owners, according to the report.
Some of the least healthy kids’ meals available at chain restaurants include:
- Applebee’s Grilled Cheese on Sourdough with Fries and 2 Percent Chocolate Milk has 1,210 calories with 62 grams of total fat (46 percent of calories), 21 grams of saturated fat (16 percent), and 2,340 milligrams of sodium. That meal has nearly three times as many calories, and three times as much sodium, as CSPI’s criteria for four-to eight-year-olds allow.
- Chili’s Pepperoni Pizza with Homestyle Fries and Soda has 1,010 calories, 45 grams of total fat (40 percent of calories), 18 grams of saturated fat (16 percent of calories, and about as much saturated fat as an adult should consume in an entire day), and 2,020 milligrams of sodium.
- Denny’s Jr. Cheeseburger and French Fries has 980 calories, 55 grams of total fat (50 percent of calories), 20 grams of saturated fat (18 percent) and 1,110 mg of sodium. Denny’s does not include beverages with kids’ meals.
- Ruby Tuesday’s Mac ‘n Cheese, White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, and Fruit Punch has 860 calories, 46 grams of total fat (48 percent of calories) and 1,730 mg of sodium. Ruby Tuesday’s does not disclose saturated or trans fat content on its menus or website.
- Dairy Queen’s Chicken Strips, Kids’ Fries, Sauce, Arctic Rush (a Slushee-type frozen drink) and Dilly Bar has 1,030 calories, 45 grams of total fat (39 percent of calories), 15 grams of saturated fat (13 percent of calories), and 1,730 mg of sodium.
Four years ago only 1% of kids meals at the top chain restaurants were healthy. Today 3% of kids meals are healthy. That’s a slight improvement but inexcusable. Parents and grandparents, we have an obligation to protect our kids and grandkids and taking them to a restaurant and letting them order a meal that contains 2 – 3 days worth of fat is not protecting them – it is abusive.
At Slender For Life™ families learn hypnosis for weight loss so that healthy living can be a fun and very doable family affair. We have an obligation to our children and to our nation to put an end to childhood obesity and we can do this. Childhood obesity is preventable and reversible.
Show your love to your kids with your own weight loss. When they see you eating healthy, exercising, buying healthy meals and snacks for the family, your actions will say far more than your words. As parents and grandparents, we can also vote with our wallets. We can stop going to these restaurants and are making our kids fat and sick and that are bankrupting our nation. Your family can lose weight when you make healthy living a family affair.
Check out Seattle weight loss hypnosis and Bainbridge Island weight loss hypnosis. Call (206) 903-1232 or email for your free consultation.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I make healthy choices and I eat small portions when I am dining out.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!