The journal Cancer has reports a new study that cancer survivors can benefit from a plant-based lifestyle. Specifically it says that cancer survivors benefit from eating leafy greens and whole grains. For years, studies have shown that eating plant strong can prevent cancer and facilitate recovery from cancer. Unfortunately, many people aren’t willing or are unable to make the whole food plant based lifestyle changes that prevent cancer, obesity, autoimmune diseases and other often preventable medical conditions.
I have been teaching medical hypnosis to people living with cancer, autoimmune disease, diabetes, chronic pain and other illnesses since 1997. Learn hypnosis to improve your health, ease your pain and help your body to heal.
Plant-Based Diets Benefit Cancer Survivors
HuffPost Healthy Living, Neal Barnard, M.D.: Cancer survivors can get real benefit from leafy greens and whole grains, according to a new study in the journal Cancer. It’s the same advice I’ve been recommending for years in my book The Cancer Survivor’s Guide: Eat a plant-based diet and avoid meat and dairy products to reduce your risk of cancer and cancer recurrence.
Fang Fang Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., the new study’s lead author, says that “dietary changes that include more fiber, fruit, and vegetables in the diet and less fat, sodium, and added sugar would be important for cancer survivors.”
Dr. Zhang’s advice reflects recommendations my colleagues and I recently made in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition. We published six precautionary principles to reduce the risk of occurrence:
- Avoid dairy products to reduce risk of prostate cancer.
- Limit or avoid alcohol to reduce the risk of cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, colon, rectum, and breast.
- Avoid red and processed meat to reduce the risk of cancers of the colon and rectum.
- Avoid grilled, fried, and broiled meats to reduce the risk of cancers of the colon, rectum, breast, prostate, kidney, and pancreas.
- Women should consume soy products in adolescence to reduce risk of breast cancer. Breast cancer survivors should consume soy products to reduce risk of cancer recurrence and overall mortality.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables to reduce risk of several forms of cancer.
To read the recommendations in detail and for more resources on fighting cancer with a plant-based diet, visit PCRM.org/Cancer.
If you are living with cancer, chronic pain or other disease you can benefit from medical hypnosis with Roger Moore. If you live too far from my Seattle hypnosis or Bainbridge hypnosis offices, the Hypnosis Health Info Virtual Office can provide you the means to receive the support you need from the comfort of your home or office.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I choose the best in every single bite.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.