Potato and Mushroom Enchiladas is this weeks featured recipe in the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library. I love Mexican food and enchiladas are one of my favorite dishes. I haven’t tried this recipe, but I was so excited to find it and I do love healthy plant based food adventures. Potato and Mushroom Enchiladas is one of the many excellent recipes at BrandNew Vegan.
Potato and Mushroom Enchiladas
Serves 4 – 6
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1″ pieces.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz package fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1-2 teaspoons of chopped jalapeños (I used pickled)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Pepper to taste
- Large handful fresh spinach, sliced into strips
- 2½ Cups Enchilada Sauce (see recipe)
- 8 Tortillas (corn or flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil potatoes in enough water to cover for 5 minutes, drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in ¼ cup broth until softened
- Add another ¼ cup broth and mushrooms, cook till softened
- Add last ¼ cup of broth, spices, and potatoes
- Stir until heated through and bubbly
- Stir in spinach and remove from heat
- Lay potato mixture down center of each tortilla and roll
- Lay each enchilada, seam side down, in a 13″ x 9″ Baking Dish
- Cover with remaining sauce
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 min
Top with salsa, fresh tomatoes, shredded lettuce, or Tofu Sour Cream
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 8oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
Whisk this all together in a small saucepan and slowly add 1 1/2 cups of cold water.
Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until it thickens.
Tofu Sour Cream
(This sour cream is 100% Dairy-Free)
If you’ve never experimented with Tofu – don’t be afraid to give this a try.
You’ll be amazed how close this comes to the real thing.
- 1 package Extra Firm Tofu
- 2-3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Tbls Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 Tbls of water for consistency
Add all the ingredients to a blender,
Start with 1 Tablespoon of each liquid and add more, one by one, until you get the taste and consistency you like.
Visit BrandNew Vegan
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you!
Check out Slender For Life™ and call (206) 903-1232 or email for your free consultation.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I love healthy plant based food adventures.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.