Becoming Slender For Life
In his book, Becoming Slender For Life, Roger Moore suggests healthy eating strategies, with an emphasis on a whole food plant-based lifestyle. He also recommends reinventing yourself as a flexitarian—someone who is not overly rigid about food choices, and allows for occasional indulgences on holidays, birthdays and so on. And, of course, there is no avoiding the importance of exercise, though he does offer some unconventional ideas about adding more movement to your life.
What really separates this diet book from the rest is the addition of self-hypnosis techniques, which are absolutely safe and easy to learn. Using an innovative one-minute exercise, anyone can make time for this powerful component several times a day. Mastering these techniques empowers you to reinforce your healthy new lifestyle habits for the rest of your life, plus you can use these same techniques to makes changes in any other area of your life.
Free Sample Chapters
If you’d like to read some sample chapters, pick a link below. You will be able to read the chapter online in your browser, or you can save it to your computer.
Download a PDF of the Introduction.
Download a PDF of Chapter One.
Download a PDF of Chapter Two.
Download a PDF of Chapter Three.
Filled with visualization and journal exercises, the book presents a highly practical and fresh approach to a chronic problem. Other topics covered include:
- Evaluating your readiness for change
- Understanding how your brain works
- Giving yourself hypnotic suggestions
- Dealing with family and peer pressures
- Silencing negative mind chatter
- Looking behind your protective layers
- Discovering your emotional motivators
- Counteracting food cravings
- Learning the true meaning of what you eat
- Getting a grip on stress
- Debunking food myths
- Coping with eating out, holidays and special occasions
- Overcoming resistance to healthier eating
- Finding what motivates you to move
- Making exercise actually fun—really!
- Creating good habits
- Releasing 100 pounds or more
- Correcting your course when you wander off
- Squelching saboteurs
- Taming temptations