Quinoa, Black Bean and Corn Chili is this weeks featured recipe in the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library. This recipe is a creation from Ordinary Vegan whose motto is “add love and compassion to your life with plant-based cooking”. This is a wonderful motto for anyone who is serious about weight loss and improving their health.
If you are ready to lose weight and this time keep it off, Slender For Life™ weight loss hypnosis is here for you. You too can easily learn hypnosis for weight loss and become slender for life.
High Protein Gluten-Free Quinoa,
Bean and Corn Chili
Author: Ordinary Vegan
Recipe type: Main
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 26 ounce carton of crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce carton of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water (+ more as needed)
- 1 15 ounce carton of organic black beans, rinsed well to remove starch
- 1½ cups of frozen organic corn kernels
- 2 roasted, peeled poblano peppers, chopped *
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- light sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- Saute chopped onions in olive oil in a medium saucepan. When they become translucent (about 3-5 minutes) add garlic, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and water to onion mixture and bring to boil.
- Add quinoa, bring to boil and than simmer on low for 30 minutes. Adding more water if needed.
- Taste and season with more salt, pepper, chili powder if needed.
- Add corn, black beans and chopped poblano. Bring to boil and simmer on low heat and cook for another 10 minutes. Keep adding more tomato sauce or water if needed to thin it out.
- Serve in large bowls and top with diced avocado and fresh cilantro.
*To roast poblano peppers – Place the oven rack in the upper third of the oven and turn on broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay peppers on their sides and place under broiler. Broil until the skin is charred (about 3 minutes) – give them a half turn and broil on all sides keeping careful watch. They char fast. Put in a plastic or paper bag until cooled and peel.
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you to try
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I add love and compassion to my life with plant based cooking.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.