Welcome to the rest of your life is a journal exercise from my book, Becoming Slender For Life. It’s a holiday weekend and one question for you to consider as you make your food choices is: “What is it about achieving your ideal weight that makes eating less ____________ (potato chips) worthwhile?” or “What is it about living the rest of your life at your ideal weight that makes eating less ____________ (fried chicken) worthwhile?” There is a price to be paid for success. What would make being at your ideal weight worth the price?
Welcome to the rest of your life
To do so, consider the following questions.
- What is it about living the rest of your life at your ideal weight that makes drinking less wine worth your effort?
- What is it about living the rest of your life at your ideal weight that makes exercising, shopping, buying and preparing healthy meals and snacks worthwhile?
- What activities would you like to enjoy when you are 75 or 80?
- What activities could you enjoy now if you were at your ideal weight?
- How would your social life change if you were at your goal weight?
- Would you make different career moves at a lower weight?
- Do you think you’d be perceived as more valuable as a thin person? Would you earn more money?
- Would you be more fearless, more adventurous at your target weight?
Yes, there is a price to be paid to get to your ideal weight. You must burn more calories than you take in. And to maintain your ideal weight, you must burn all the calories you take in. There is no other way. That basic formula of weight loss in unchanging—though with the advantage of self-hypnosis techniques, you’ll have a much greater chance of succeeding than you’ve ever had before. But without the motivation to live your life at your ideal weight, the pain may be far too great, you may not believe you can be successful, you might quit the first time you cheat, you may cling to your reasons for being overweight, and you could create even more stress in your life and eventually fail to achieve your ideal weight.
Are you ready to welcome yourself to living the rest of your life at your healthy ideal weight? With the advantage of self-hypnosis techniques you can have a much greater chance of succeeding.
Enjoy this holiday weekend and enjoy special holiday food. Just make sure that you are also on track for your weight goal and make sure that you stop eating when your body tells you that you’ve eaten enough.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I’m excited about living the rest of my life, Slender For Life™.
Remember to sign up to receive daily blog posts at the top right side of this page NOW!