A special report from The Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine (PCRM) identified seven revolutionary tips to improve brain health. For most people, these tips require diet and lifestyle changes that are easily supported and accomplished with self hypnosis. Alzheimer’s disease affects nearly half of North Americans by age 85. The American Academy of Neurology forecasts that, unless preventive measures are developed, Alzheimer’s rates will nearly triple over the next four decades. Worldwide, Alzheimer’s rates will affect 100 million people by 2050. Your brain health is important and when you learn hypnosis and other mindfulness techniques you can make and sustain healthy changes in your life.
Seven Revolutionary Tips to
Improve Brain Health
“We potentially have the capability to prevent a disease that is poised to affect 100 million people worldwide by 2050. Why wait?” says Physicians Committee president Neal Barnard, M.D.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Minimize your intake of saturated fats and trans fats. Saturated fat is found primarily in dairy products, meats, and certain oils (coconut and palm oils). Trans fats are found in many snack pastries and fried foods and are listed on labels as “partially hydrogenated oils.”
- Vegetables, legumes (beans, peas, and lentils), fruits, and whole grains should be the primary staples of the diet.
- One ounce of nuts or seeds (one small handful) daily provides a healthful source of vitamin E.
- A reliable source of vitamin B12, such as fortified foods or a supplement providing at least the recommended daily allowance (2.4 mcg per day for adults) should be part of your daily diet.
- When selecting multiple vitamins, choose those without iron and copper, and consume iron supplements only when directed by your physician.
- While aluminum’s role in Alzheimer’s disease remains a matter of investigation, it is prudent to avoid the use of cookware, antacids, baking powder, or other products that contribute dietary aluminum.
- Include aerobic exercise in your routine, equivalent to 40 minutes of brisk walking three times per week.
According to the The Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine, “While treatments for the disease remain unsatisfactory, scientific studies suggest that preventive strategies are now feasible. Evidence suggests that specific diet and exercise habits can reduce the risk by half or more. Although significant gaps in scientific knowledge remain, studies suggest that the same foods that are beneficial for the heart are also healthful for the brain and may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.”
Mindfulness hypnosis techniques can help you maintain healthy lifelong changes in your life that support a healthy mind, body and spirit. Learn self hypnosis and improve your health.
Download Dietary Guidelines for
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I am perfectly healthy in mind, body and spirit.
Remember to sign up to receive daily blog posts at the top right side of this page NOW!