Self-hypnosis can make all the difference with your exercise program – whether you are just starting or have been at it for years. Hypnosis for exercise isn’t just for sports performance. Hypnotherapy can help you get motivated as well as improve your skill, technique and achieve maximum benefit from your workout routine. WebMD has 10 fitness tips that are great – I say that they missed one – SELF-HYPNOSIS!
How to Start an Exercise Program
Here are 10 fitness tips to help you get started with a workout program — and stick with it from WebMD, June 24, 2010.
It’s not enough for us to know that we should be exercising to tone our bodies and improve our health. It seems we need specific strategies to help us start an exercise program – and keep it going.
Here are more get-moving strategies suggested by Tonya Gutch, senior personal trainer at the Cooper Fitness Center in Dallas:
1. Set Specific, Manageable Goals. For example, plan to exercise for 20 minutes, three times a week. And don’t forget to track your progress by writing it down.
2. Use a Variety of Daily Reminders. Schedule your exercise sessions on your calendar like any other appointment. Also make sure you have your gym bag in the car, or leave your walking shoes by the door to remind you to get moving.
3. Set Up a Non-Food Reward System. To reward yourself when you accomplish one of your fitness goals – such as staying on track with your exercise for a full week or month — treat yourself to a movie, massage, or pedicure.
4. Invest in a Good Pair of Workout Shoes. Make sure they have good cushioning and arch support and feel so good that you’ll look forward to putting them on.
5.Find a Buddy, a Class, or a Group. Humans desire companionship. When someone is depending on you and striving for the same goals, this helps motivate you.
6. Start Slowly. Most people try to do too much when they start exercising. It’s OK to break up your exercise into segments throughout the day.
7. Just Walk. One of the easiest ways for most people to work in exercise is to walk. Wearing a pedometer adds extra motivation by keeping you working toward a goal each day. Although you could aim for 10,000-15,000 steps a day, many people will want to start with 5,000 steps or less, and work their way up over time.
8. Get Back to Basics. Don’t think you need fancy equipment to get a great workout. You can do a lot with soup cans and exercise balls, free weights.
9. Use Multiple Muscle Groups. When you work more than one muscle group at a time and use full-body movement as much as possible, it takes less time to do a thorough weight-training workout.
10. Use Whatever Gets You Going. Some of us need a little something extra to keep us exercising from week to week. For some, this could be working out with your iPods. For others, it could be listening to books on tape as you walk, or watching favorite TV shows while you use the treadmill or stationary bike. The point is, use whatever gets you going.
11. Learn self-hypnosis.
Not only can you use hypnosis for exercise, you can put hypnotherapy to use in your life to manage stress, weight loss, stop smoking and other health related issues such as recovery from cancer, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and more. And of course, hypnosis for sports performance can improve your golf or tennis swing or improve your skills in most any sport.
If you are curious about how many calories you burn with your exercise, take a look at How Many Calories Does Your Workout Burn?
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
My daily fitness routine is enjoyable, energetic and easy!
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!