Many of my Slender For Life™ hypnosis for weight loss clients come to me wondering how to stop binge eating. For most of my life, I ate my emotions. When I experienced anger, hurt, fear, sadness, good times, bad times or most any other emotion, I turned to food, Bakery breads, cinnamon rolls and cookies were my drugs of choice. As a child, my happiest and most loved times always involved Grandma’s food is love, comfort foods. The result of my constant binge eating was that 20 years ago I weighed 115 pounds more than I do now. I was borderline diabetic and the doctors were threatening me with blood pressure medications. My body ached with rheumatoid arthritis and I spent a lot of time on the couch.
When I experienced weight loss hypnosis, my life changed. I created a new relationship with myself and a new relationship with food. I learned tools to nurture myself in ways that truly were nurturing. I discovered that it was OK to be hungry. In fact, hunger is a great thing – it means that you get to eat.
As a Slender For Life™ hypnosis for weight loss client, you too can stop binge eating. I am happy to teach you the weight loss hypnosis skills to manage your emotions in a healthy way. Stop the binge eating, stop the crazy latest fad diet, stop the yo-yo weight loss. You can be slender for life! Call or email me now no matter where you may live.
Do You Eat Your Emotions?
How to Help With Binge Eating
T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutritional Studies,
By Chef Del Sroufe, February 19, 2016:
I’ve done some good things for myself. I have started the hard work of changing my emotional relationship with food. And while I do that, I’ve put a plan into action to help reduce my compulsion to binge eat. I share them here along with my story as a way of helping others who, like me know how to eat, who know that a whole food, low fat, plant-based diet is the right diet for humans, but who, like me, have an unproductive relationship with food.
- I look for and learn to identify emotional triggers, times when I am more likely to engage in emotional eating. Being able to identify those triggers allows me to stop and take a breath, and to think of a plan of action to avoid the binge.
- I plan my meals and never let myself go too long without eating. Excessive hunger triggers binge eating in the same way that my emotions do.
- I stay hydrated.
- I get plenty of sleep. People who do not get enough sleep tend to eat more than those that do.
- I exercise regularly—helps to reduce stress, and elevates my mood.
- I don’t let myself isolate socially, especially when I am bored. Which also means for me that I let my friends know that I am an emotional eater and that I need them to be aware so that I have some kind of touchstone. By letting my friends and family know that I am working through this issue gives me allies who can and do want to help by being there, and by helping me to see what’s going on when I am too involved in my own stress to see for myself.
- I have a plan for boredom—sometimes I leave the house and go to a movie or to the gym, or to a friend’s house, because boredom is one of my biggest eating triggers. Boredom allows me to sit and stew in my emotions and that usually has negative consequences—for me binge eating.
- I slowly unravel the emotions that for so long I have shoved down my throat with food. Taking my time to make some decisions about how I want to live my life, and deciding that while I can not change the past, I can stop living there.
- Helping others helps me. It makes me be present and to want to be an example to others.
I love this article written by Chef Del Sroufe. His story is much like my story and the hundreds of other food binge stories that I have been told over the past 19 years by people from across the U.S. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Australia and New Zealand. If you live on this planet, we can create a healthy food relationship program for you. Isn’t it time that you stop drowning your emotions with food? Slender For Life™ hypnosis for weight loss can help you to do that. Now is your opportunity!
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I feed my body healthy nourishing food and nurture my heart with love.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.