Thank you for registering for
Maternity Care and Birthing
Streaming Video Recording
Recorded April 27, 2015
© Copyright Melissa Roth, Roger Moore, hypnosishealthinfo.com and Abundant Living Resources, LLC
Sherry Hood: Maternity Care and Birthing
Sherry considers maternity care and birthing as complete care. She takes clients through the first office visit into each trimester of their pregnancy and attends the birth, working with clients through each contraction to delivery. During office visits, fears and past negative beliefs are addressed. Inner communication with the unborn child is encouraged. Establishing a positive outlook and feeling of expectancy is important. Techniques to manage discomfort can be learned and practiced and post-natal follow-up and care are also incorporated into the session work. This is a comprehensive approach to assist women to experience a most beautiful birth.
Sherry Hood teaches Clinical Hypnotherapy at her school, The Pacific institute of Advanced Hypnotherapy in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada. Sherry was appointed Clinical Lecturer within the Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry in 2009 and her clinical hypnotherapy course became approved as a post graduate elective in family medicine in 2010. In 2013, Sherry became the first hypnotherapist to receive “Associate” membership within The College of Family Physicians of Canada. She is an active “Scholar” within the Centre for Integrative Health, University of Alberta. Her interests include the application of hypnotherapy to clinical problems, specifically pain management and cancer care, maternity care including labour and delivery, smoking cessation, fears and phobias, pre and post-operative care, wound healing and hypnoanesthesia. Sherry has a keen affinity for working with children.
Our goal for you is that you enhance your skills and that you be the greatest expression of yourself. To facilitate maximizing your experience, please do the following:
- What is your Medical Hypnosis goal for the next 12 months?
- What is your Medical Hypnosis goal for the next 3 months?
Your goal can be what you want it to be related to the topics in Medical Hypnosis Coaching and the Medical Hypnosis Class. Do you want to increase your income? Do you want to work in a cancer center? Do you want to specialize in IBS or Autoimmune Disease?
Your goals need to be specific and measurable and they must have heart – they must have passionate conviction. You must be so motivated to achieve your goal that you are willing to stay up all night or work all weekend to achieve it.
Answer these questions:
- According to Sherry, you can perform sessions for childbirth as soon as the client knows she is pregnant? T or F?
- It is realistic that the client has zero discomfort during delivery. T or F
- You should not involve the birthing partner in the hypnosis sessions. T or F
- It is not necessary to have medical assistance available? T or F
- You should introduce the expectant mom to her baby in utero. T or F
- You should be available to go to the hospital with the client for labor and delivery? T or F
- An un-medicated birth is the best scenario for both mother and baby. T or F
- One benefit of using hypnosis for childbirth is: ______________________________________________________
- How frequently do you see an expectant mother during her pregnancy? ______________________________________________________
- You should give the client a recording to take to the hospital. T or F
Medical Hypnosis Resource Library: http://budurl.com/MedHypLib
This library is constantly being updated with new information so check it frequently.
1.5 CEs are available for this class through IMDHA. To obtain CEs, you will need to complete the assigned reading and the 10 question exam.
Please, check back to this page from time to time for any updates.
Sherry, Melissa and I thank you for your participation and your support.
Feel free to call me at (206) 903-1232 or email Roger Moore at Roger@HypnosisHealthInfo.com with any questions. I look forward to seeing you.
Watch for new details and updates. You will also receive emails with updates from email@example.com. Please add this Roger@HypnosisHealthInfo.com to your safe email list.