When I lived on Maui, sushi became one of my favorite delicacies. Of course back then at 260 pounds with high blood pressure and borderline diabetes, the sushi I ate was filled with raw fish. I sill love sushi, but today it’s plant strong.
I love watching sushi chefs as they show off their art of making sushi. But I always figured that it was way too difficult to make and so I’ve never tried. But this Engine 2 Diet recipe looks quick and easy. I think I can do it!
Plant-strong sushi is the latest edition to the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library.
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes just waiting for you!
My Favorite Recipes
Someone recently asked me to name my favorite recipe sites and favorite recipes. I’m happy to share some of my favorites with you.
Baked Spaghetti Squash Marinara
Corn and Squash Soup
Hearty Pasta Bean Stew
Irish White Bean and Cabbage Stew
Mexican Potato Salad
Potato and Cauliflower Curry (Aaloo Gobi)
Quinoa Lentil Loaf With Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
South African Vegetable Curry
Squash & kidney bean stew
Yam Chickpea Spinach Curry
Here are some meal planning links:
5 Day Sample Meal Plan ~ Julieanna Hever
10 Day Meal Plan Recipes ~ McDougall Wellness Center
Plant-Based Diet booklet ~ Kaiser Permanente
Vegetarian Starter Kit ~ PCRM
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time None
- Serves As many as you like
What you need:
- Bamboo Mats (you can get these at any grocery store)
- Plastic wrap
- Cooked Brown Rice (short grain) – The amount will depend on how many rolls you want to make, generally you will need about 1/4 cup to make 2 full rolls.
- Nori sheets (or seaweed sheets)
- Rice Vinegar
- Veggies! – We like using mushrooms, peppers, avocado, sweet potato, cucumber, asparagus, carrot. It’s best to cut them length wise and thin. We also put raw kale (chopped up) in our sushi. You can use any combination of vegetable that you like.
- Low sodium soy sauce.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I eat my food slowly, chewing each bite thoroughly and savoring it’s wonderful flavor.
The family who eats healthy together, stays healthy together.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.