This recipe was given to me by a client – she even brought me a container of it for my lunch. Oh my, this is so delicious! I hope that you enjoy this wonderful dish.
Sweet Peppers and Chickpeas in
Coconut Basil Curry Sauce
– 1 large yellow onion, diced
– 1 large shallot, minced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 each red pepper and green pepper
– 1 can no salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 14 oz plain soy or almond milk
– 2 tsp coconut extract
– juice from two limes
– 2 tbsp red curry powder mixed with 1 tbsp water.
– 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
– salt and pepper to taste
– cilantro for garnish
- In deep pan, steam-saute the onions in water
- Add shallot and garlic
- Add peppers and cook until all are tender
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add chickpeas, soy (or almond) milk, coconut extract and curry powder
- Add basil leaves and lime juice
- Serve hot over brown rice with cilantro garnish
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you!
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I always eat healthy foods when I’m at work.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.