Oh so sweet potatoes is this weeks holiday edition to the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library. I don’t know about you, but the sweet potatoes that I grew up with were anything but healthy – filled with fat and sugar. Brown sugar, marshmallows, butter, sour cream and sometimes cheese. The sweet potatoes were so hidden by the fat and sugar that I never knew how good sweet potatoes really are. I’ve discovered that I love them without the fat and sugar. Slender For Life™ Recipe Library has more than 30,000 free delicious and healthy recipes for your enjoyment.
Oh So Sweet Potatoes
Try these decadent, sweet potatoes sweetened with fruit and no added sugar.
- 2-3 yams or sweet potatoes (red yams make a very colorful dish)
- 2-3 apples
- 1 Tbsp jam or fruit spread (100%, no sugar added, peach, orange or pineapple)
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat to oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and apples.
- Combine the fruit spread and juice together.
- Arrange the potatoes and apples in a baking dish.
- Pour orange mixture over potatoes and apples and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- They are done when potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
Print Oh So Sweet Potatoes
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you!
NOTE: I’ve added a special Holiday Meal Recipe section on the
Slender For Life™ Recipe page.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
The holiday foods I eat contribute to my vibrant health.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.