It’s the 4th of July weekend and so it seems appropriate that this Texas style vegan BBQ sandwich be the featured recipe from the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library. Last week I featured the homemade BBQ sauce that goes with this recipe so you should be all set for the holiday weekend.
If you want more ideas, I have over 30,000 free recipes for you to taste in the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library.
Texas Style Vegan BBQ
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
A chopped mushroom BBQ sandwich with an authentic Texas Smokehouse taste. Top it off with some homemade BBQ sauce and a tangy mustard cole slaw and you’ll be singing the Cotton Eyed Joe before you know it. Yeeehaw.
- 8oz carton of Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ jalapeño, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons veggie broth to saute
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons A1 Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Quarter of a head of cabbage, shredded
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- Saute onion, garlic, jalapeño in veggie broth until soft
- Add in mushrooms and simmer until liquid has evaporated
- Heat all sauce ingredients in saucepan until thickened
- Spoon ½ cup or so of sauce into mushroom mixture and stir to combine
- Toss slaw ingredients together until coated and use to top sandwiches
Click here to print recipe
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you!
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
Preparing fresh, healthy meals is an act of love.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.