It’s Thanksgiving eve and I’m wondering how much weight you will gain over the holidays. What is your plan for you, for your body, for your health and for your weight between now and January 3? Will it be a free thrall food and alcohol orgy? Are you OK with putting on 5 to 13 pounds like many Americans in the next 6 weeks? Or, will you use the mindfulness based hypnosis for weight loss tools from the Seattle weight loss hypnosis and Bainbridge Island weight loss hypnosis offices of Slender For Life™? I know that you can go through the holidays, enjoy foods of the season and maintain your weight or even lose weight. I do it and many hypnosis weight loss clients do it successfully too. So, how about you?
There are things you can do to be ready for the annual feasting season.
- Be aware that stress can trigger cravings, so do whatever you can to lighten your load at that time of year. Plan breaks, pampering activities and carry healthy snacks with you to the mall.
- Be different. You don’t have to bake four dozen pfeffernuesse cookies just because your mother always did.
- Don’t sacrifice your sleep—exhaustion means you are more likely to overeat.
- Watch your alcohol intake—lessened inhibitions can dissolve your real intentions. Drink two 12-ounce glasses of water between each alcoholic drink.
- Find other ways to comfort yourself after emotional situations (which are often so plentiful during holiday times). A new sweater or golf club will feel much better than a raspberry cheesecake will feel thudding in your gut. Even better, distract yourself by visiting someone who’ll really appreciate it, perhaps an elderly neighbor.
- Colder weather and darker days often fuel desires for empty foods. Redefine comfort foods as foods that actually make you feel better, not worse. Macaroni and cheese is not a miracle cure for anything.
- Stay active, even during the winter. Dance with the dog! Couch potatoes eat potato chips—and all the other so-called foods that come in bags, cans and bottles. Don’t lose all the ground you’ve gained by setting aside your exercise plan just because the weather has changed. Try out a new gym. Go mall walking. What you do doesn’t matter—just keep doing something.
Slender For Life™ clients learn the mindfulness based hypnosis for weight loss techniques that help them go through the holidays, enjoy the special holiday food and lose weight. Self hypnosis can help you to eat slowly, mindfully and stop eating when your body tells you that it has had enough. Remember, Thanksgiving dinner is a single (yes, that means ONE) meal. It is not a four day food orgy. Eat slowly, eat mindfully and commune (listen and talk) with your family and friends. Weight loss hypnosis really can work.
Click here for Jeff Novick’s Thanksgiving Recipes
Check out Seattle weight loss hypnosis and Bainbridge Island weight loss hypnosis.
Call (206) 903-1232 or email for your free consultation.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I eat slowly and mindfully through the holidays.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!