Weight loss checklist
At my Seattle Weight Loss Hypnosis with Roger Moore office people sometimes ask for a weight loss checklist as an aid to losing weight.
The guidelines that I have offered over the years are very similar to this 10-point checklist for maximum weight loss offered by Dr. John McDougall.
Since 1990, Slender For Life™ Hypnosis for Weight Loss has always supported people in living a plant-based lifestyle. I teach you self-hypnosis and other mindfulness based techniques that take away the cravings for unhealthy foods and create a healthy desire for the foods that make you slender and trim.
If you are ready to lose weight and this time keep it off, call or email me now for your FREE weight loss hypnosis consultation.
For Maximum Weight Loss
Here are the Maximum Weight Loss Guidelines to help everyone following the plan stay on track!
A 10-POINT CHECKLIST FOR MAXIMUM WEIGHT LOSS (MWL)
Dr. John McDougall:
- Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
- Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches. Choose fruit for dessert.
- Greatly reduce of eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
- Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
- Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
- Eliminate any added oil.
- Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
- Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
- Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don’t starve yourself and don’t stuff yourself.
- Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I am so grateful to be choosing food that supports my best health.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.