When it comes to weight loss for children and their parents, it has to be a family affair so here are some do’s and don’ts for healthy family snacking. I continue to be reminded that childhood obesity is a family affair. Is someone in your family (or perhaps the whole family) ready to lose weight? Seattle, you have the weight loss hypnosis office of Slender For Life™ that has helped clients for over 12 years with hypnosis for weight loss.
In a story titled, Weight Loss: It’s a Family Affair ~ The Do’s and Don’ts For Healthy Family Snacking, Channel 5News in Fayetteville, Arkansas, says: “Unfortunately, as more children join their parents on the overweight and obesity list, weight management is becoming a family affair. Snacking is one of the main contributors to this problem.
However, snacking can be healthy and require very little effort. You just need to know what your choices are. Here are some healthy snacking alternatives the whole family can enjoy.
1. No weight-conscious family can ever go wrong with fresh fruits and vegetables at snack time.
2. Choose whole-grain cereals, bagels and crackers. They offer many of the same benefits as fruits and vegetables.
3. It can be challenging to break an unhealthy snacking habit, so always be ready with alternatives for when the urge to snack strikes. Try eating raw vegetables dipped in low-fat dressing, a bowl of whole grain cereal with rice milk or a whole-wheat bagel topped with peanut butter and a sliced banana.
5. If you’re in the mood for a snack that’s salty and crunchy, choose low-fat popcorn or pretzels instead of chips.
1. Always try to avoid snacks that are high in calories, fat, sugar and salt like potato chips, soda, candy and cookies. Not only are they fattening and full of sodium, they offer little in the way of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
2. Even convenient snacks that look healthy or say “natural” or “organic” can have hidden calories, sugar or fat. Make sure you read food labels carefully so you know what you’re getting into.
3. DO NOT leave potentially hazardous snacks stashed in your cupboards. If possible dispose of all unhealthy snacks and restock your pantry with heath snacks. That way when temptation strikes, it will be harder to give in.
Read the entire story, Weight Loss: It’s a Family Affair ~ The Do’s and Don’ts For Healthy Family Snacking.
Weight loss for children must be a family affair. It is not fare to a child to have a house full of junk food and to expect a child to have the discipline necessary to lose weight. Seattle, you can do it differently. Slender For Life™ offers families real solutions with weight loss hypnosis as one of the tools for success.
Slender For Life™ is now available where ever you are.
The great news is that now hypnosis for weight loss and the Slender For Life™ program is available anywhere you maybe over the phone and with on-line hypnosis. My book Becoming Slender For Life and its hypnosis CD set support you in your families journey toward health.
Learn more at Seattle weight loss.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I do provide my family with healthy snacks.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the top of this page NOW!