If you are looking for weight loss, Seattle has 7 great foods you shouldn’t miss. If you are on a diet, hypnosis can help you lose weight. Hypnosis is proven to be effective for weight loss. Hypnosis can put an end to the diet madness. Find out about hypnosis weight loss at Slender For Life™ and with my book Becoming Slender For Life.
It’s that time of year when food is at it’s best – fresh from the garden, or for those of us who don’t have enough sun for much of a garden, it’s fresh from the farmer’s market. Vegies are at their peak and the possible meal combinations are endless.
NBC News has a great story 7 Summer Foods You Shouldn’t Miss.
- Corn: One-half cup of raw kernels, slightly less than a medium ear, is 66 calories and provides 2.1 grams of fiber. One-half cup cooked is 88 calories with 2.3 grams of fiber. Corn also contains some B vitamins, including folate, that help the body produce energy, as well as vitamin C and phosphorus.
- Cherries: One cup, about 17 cherries, is 87 calories and provides 2.9 grams of fiber. They’re loaded with beta-carotene, a carotenoid that turns into the usable form of vitamin A in the body and can protect your heart and vision. A one-cup serving also gives you 26 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin C, as well as manganese, which helps form cartilage that lays the foundation for bones and skin, and potassium, which blunts the effects of a high-sodium diet.
- Blueberries: One cup of raw blueberries is 84 calories and boasts 3.6 grams of fiber, specifically pectin, a soluble fiber that helps lower cholesterol and possibly protect against cancer. Blueberries are also rich in vitamin K (important for bones), manganese and the antioxidant vitamin E.
- Okra: “One cup of cooked okra packs in as much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal,” says Dawn Jackson Blatner, a Chicago-based registered dietitian and author of “The Flexitarian Diet.” One cup boiled and sliced has 35 calories, 4 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. “The unique combination of fiber and protein make okra particularly satiating,” says Jackson Blatner. Okra is also chock full of vitamins and minerals, including 80 percent of the daily allowance of vitamin K, as well as vitamins C and B6 (important for energy production).
- Strawberries: One cup of strawberries contains 46 calories, 2.9 grams of fiber, and 50 percent more vitamin C than you need in a day. Other notable nutrients include manganese, folate (important to protect against birth defects and promote heart health), and vitamin B6, an energy booster.
- Eggplant: One cup cubed and cooked provides 35 calories and 2-1/2 grams of fiber. Eggplant also contains several vitamins and minerals including potassium, manganese, copper, and the B vitamins thiamin, vitamin B6 and folate.
- Tomatoes: This fruit, which acts like a vegetable, can brag about its long list of nutrients. One cup raw (chopped or sliced) contains 32 calories and 2.2 grams fiber. One cup cooked has 43 calories and 1.7 grams of fiber. Tomatoes are packed with almost a day’s worth of vitamin C, as well as vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, vitamin K, manganese, chromium and other minerals.
Read the full story, 7 Summer Foods You Shouldn’t Miss.
If you are on a diet, hypnosis can help you lose weight. Do you want weight loss? Seattle has Slender For Life™, a hypnosis program that is proven to be effective for weight loss. Hypnosis can put an end to your diet madness. Find out about hypnosis weight loss at Slender For Life™ and with my book Becoming Slender For Life . Check out Slender For Life™ and call for your free consultation.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I’m loving my meals of summer’s fruits and vegetables.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the top of this page NOW!