What is the Best Diet for Cancer Patients?

I’m often asked, “What is the Best Diet for Cancer Patients?” For more than 26 years I have been suggesting to people that a wholefood plant-based eating strategy.

Dr. Michael Greger tells us that “Our lifetime risk of developing an invasive cancer is about 40 percent. Two in five of us are going to get a cancer diagnosis in our lifetimes. What can we do to reduce our risk? Only about 5 percent of cancers are caused by problem genes we inherited from our parents. The other 95 percent are caused by mutations in our DNA we acquire in our lifetimes. The number one cause of these mutations is our diet––and that’s not even including the cancers attributed to obesity.

Above all, a wholefood plant-based lifestyle has been proven many times to help reduce and prevent cancer.

If you are living with cancer, chronic pain, anxiety, autoimmune disease, or have other health challenges, call me at 760-219-8079 or email me now. Together, no matter where you may live, we can develop a hypnosis program for you. All sessions are live online worldwide.

The Best Diet for Cancer Patients

The official recommendation of the American Institute for Cancer Research, a leading authority on diet and cancer, is that those with cancer should follow the same diet that helps prevent cancer from taking root in the first place. That means more whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans, while limiting fast food, processed food, meat, soda, and alcohol. Similar recommendations have been put forth by other cancer authorities: more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and beans, and less salt, sugar, meat, and alcohol.

Cancer survivors adhering to these guidelines do seem to live significantly longer––or at least older female cancer survivors, the only group in which it’s been looked at so far.

They add that that are certain foods that may be beneficial in cancer care including: beans, berries, cruciferous vegetables, flax seed, garlic, green tea, tomatoes, and others, but emphasize it’s not about a single magic bullet food or component, but the combination of foods in a predominantly plant-based diet.

Read: The Best Diet for Cancer Patients

Hypnosis for cancer

“Hypnosis for cancer has been shown to be safe and effective, and can help patients with all types of cancer and for many different purposes, and there’s evidence of its value and efficacy. The strategy is so well-proven that the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, which develops clinical guidelines for standard cancer care, recommends hypnotherapy for fighting treatment-related fatigue and managing pain.” ~Cure, October 28, 2017

From 1997 to 2017, I provided hypnosis for cancer to people living with cancer in Seattle, Bainbridge Island, and Poulsbo, WA. Since 2018, I now offer Medical Hypnosis online worldwide using the Hypnosis Health Info Virtual Office for cancer hypnosis. If you or a family member or friend are living with caner, email me and learn more about how hypnosis for Cancer Recovery can benefit you.

Hypnosis for cancer recovery is in support of and not a replacement of your medical care.

Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:

My body is doing whatever is necessary to become whole again.

Medical Hypnosis since January 2, 1997
Learn more about Palm Desert Hypnosis with Roger Moore.
Call (760) 219-8079 or email for more information.

Celebrating 26 years of Medical Hypnosis with Roger Moore

Subscribe to my blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.