Treat the cause
On June 10, 2016, the Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine (PCRM) posted about a study that shows that a whole food plant-based diet is best for type 2 diabetes. What I love about this study is that it gets at the cause, rather than just treating the symptoms.
For the past 100 years, the evidence has shown that the Standard American Diet is at the cause of type 2 diabetes and other lifestyle diseases.
Type 2 diabetes is preventable and reversible. Even if you are genetically predisposed to obesity and type 2 diabetes, that does not mean that you can’t be slender and healthy.
As a Health Care Support Hypnotherapist, I can teach you the medical hypnosis skills for lasting lifestyle changes. No matter where you may live, call or email me now and together we can create a program for you.
You can learn hypnosis and use the power of your subconscious resources for your health and wellness.
Hypnosis for Neuropathy
Hypnotherapy can help you to cope with the unremitting pain created by neuropathy. Studies show that hypnosis can relieve different kinds of pain in 75% of the population.
Hypnosis, also often called Guided Imagery is used by medical professionals and hypnotherapists in major hospitals and medical clinics throughout the world.
Dr. David Patterson at the University of Washington uses hypnosis to help patients deal with the kind of severe pain involved in treating burn wounds and in other types of acute and chronic pain, such as headaches, fibromyalgia, cancer, and neuropathy.
Dr. Patterson says that, “clinical hypnosis is not an “alternative” medicine, rather, it is an innovative way of using a patient’s subconscious resources to distract, dislocate, or reduce pain in a variety of clinical settings—from the ER to the hospital’s rehabilitation wing.”
Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine
Breaking Medical News, June 10, 2016: “A vegan diet proves best for type 2 diabetes, according to a study published in PLoS One. Researchers in Korea assigned 93 participants with type 2 diabetes for 12 weeks to a completely vegan diet or a diet based on recommendations from the Korean Diabetes Association.
Those in the vegan group lost weight, reduced their HbA1C levels (a measure of blood glucose over time), and had better glycemic control, compared with those on the conventionally recommended diet.
Researchers attribute the success of the vegan diet to its practicality and natural calorie reduction and suspect other benefits may arise, including reduced blood pressure and a reduction in cardiovascular disease risk.
The authors recommend treatments and dietary guidelines for type 2 diabetes patients include a vegan diet.”
Read Vegan Diet Best for Type 2 Diabetes
Particular Benefits for Diabetes
In addition, guided imagery has some special advantages for those working to promote the proper management of diabetes. Among other things, it can do the following:
- Lowers hemoglobin A1C
- Reduces blood glucose, in the short and long term
- Helps with circulation and neuropathy
- Raises endorphin levels – decreases pain, lifts mood
- Enhances feelings of empowerment, hope, mastery
- Increases motivation for self-care, even with a difficult daily regimen
- Reduces anxiety-based behaviors, including compulsive eating, smoking & drinking
- Is user friendly – doesn’t ask a lot from weary, discouraged end-users
- Delivers immediately felt benefits, thus reinforcing continued use
- Is self-administered, allowing the end user to be in control
- Has portability – can be uploaded to a phone or MP3 and used anywhere
- Facilitates transition – can be introduced in the hospital and brought home
- Offers wide application – listeners don’t need to be trained, focused, motivated, smart or even awake to benefit from use
Read: Guided Imagery & Diabetes: A Special Report for Practitioners
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I use the power of my subconscious resources for my health and wellness.
Subscribe to my daily blog posts now, right there in the sidebar.