I strongly encourage clients to use written suggestions with their self hypnosis. Yes, in a pinch you can give yourself suggestions without writing them out, but there is added value in the writing and reading process. The most important point is that you use self hypnosis at least 5 times a day, everyday. I am frequently asked if I use self hypnosis. My response, ABSOLUTELY! Most days I use it at least a dozen times throughout the day. Hypnosis is all about you being in control of you. Learn how to hypnotize yourself and take back your power!
Hypnotic Suggestions and Imagery
You should now be able to enter into hypnosis entirely by yourself. The next step is to formulate your own hypnotic suggestions. There are several important points you should consider before beginning.
Tips for creating suggestions
- Keep suggestions short and concise.
- Use only positive words. Do not use “no,” “not,” “don’t,” etc. (Your subconscious mind does not grasp a negative qualifier and you might get the opposite result.) Focus on what you do want. Never: “I don’t crave chocolate.” Instead, “Fruit is my snack of choice.”
- Keep vocabulary simple. A 6-year-old child should be able to understand it.
- Practice using “I” statements, “You” statements and “He/She” statements and see what works best for you. For example: I feel my body becoming healthier every day; You are enjoying eating foods that promote weight release; She keeps her promises to herself about healthy eating.
- Use only two or three suggestions per session when using the light switch technique.
- Use only present tense words. Never use “will,” “want to,” “going to” or “like to”.
- Use action words such as “enjoy,” “love,” or “desire.”
- I love and enjoy exercise.
- Exercise is my favorite activity of the day.
- As a result of my exercise, I am calm, relaxed and have more energy.
- I love fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Fruit is my snack of choice.
- I only eat enough to meet my nutritional needs.
- It is okay for me to leave food on my plate.
- I drink six or more glasses of water each day.
- Water is my drink of choice.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I sleep soundly and restfully throughout the night and I wake in the morning relaxed, refreshed and excited by the new day.
To learn more about hypnosis, sign up for my free course by scrolling back up the page–the sign-up box is on your right in the sidebar. You can also learn hypnosis with the Light Switch by clicking here.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I use self-hypnosis with written suggestions five times a day, every day.
Remember to sign up for your FREE 8-part audio course, Understanding Hypnosis, at the right side of this page NOW!