Since I’ve been posting this week about fast food and childhood obesity, I thought this Vegan Mummy Dog recipe was the perfect addition for the Slender For Life™ Recipe Library. This fun and easy to prepare meal can be a meal or a Halloween treat. Making fun and healthy meals for children can be quick and stress-free.
While I’m not a big proponent of processed foods like veggie dogs, I do believe that they have their place. On occasion (a few times a year), I do grill a veggie dog or cook one in a pot with sauerkraut. For people on the go, Vegan Mummy Dogs can make a delightful family meal or exciting party treat.
Vegan Mummy Dog
- Original Pillsbury® Crescents (these happen to be vegan!)
- Vegan hot dogs of your choice (package of 8)
- Yellow mustard (for the eyes)
- Earth Balance butter or oil (to grease the baking sheet)
You’ll also need a baking sheet, a knife, and a plastic bag for piping the eyes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the Pillsbury® crescent dough and slice all of the dough into 1/4 inch strips (starting along the longest edge of each triangle).
- Remove the vegan hot dogs and begin wrapping them with the strips of the dough. You’ll need 2-4 strips for each dog. Attach the end of the strip to the backside of the hotdog, and wrap around haphazardly to create the mummy look. On one end, scoot the dough up or down to create space for the eyes.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake according to the crescent roll directions, approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add the mustard eyes! Scoop a dollop of mustard into the corner of a small plastic bag and snip a very tiny hole in the corner. Use this to gently pipe eyes onto each of your mummy dogs.
Vegan Mummy Dog at Vegan.com
The Slender For Life™ Recipe Library
has more than 30,000 free scrumptious recipes
just waiting for you!
BIG CHANGES COMING SOON!
Big changes are coming soon to Hypnosis Health Info. Hopefully, as early as September 30, there will be a whole new look. Hypnosis Health Info will be updated and mobile friendly. My hunch is that we’ll all be lost at first, but I will do my best to let you know how to find your favorite resources. Watch for details next week.
Your Hypnosis Health Info Hypnotic Suggestion for today:
I easily make nutritious, delicious and fun meals.
If you’d like to receive daily blog posts, it’s easy! You can sign up in the upper right corner of this page.